Volunteer Opportunities Abound at the Alaska Botanical Garden!
ABG started as a volunteer effort in 1983, and volunteers continue to be the backbone of the organization. They provide diverse perspectives, expertise, and experiences to assist in all aspects of ABG: horticulture and gardening, nursery and retail, special events, adult education and workshops, children’s education, research, office assistance, and more. In turn, volunteers are able to work with experienced staff, connect with others in the community, and broaden their knowledge and skills.
- We welcome local businesses, youth groups, students, scouts, or clubs who want to come out as a group for a special project.
- Families are welcome to volunteer together; the youngest family member must be at least 7 years old.
- Volunteers younger than 16 are required to work alongside a parent or family member at least 18 years old.
We know your time is valuable and we appreciate all that volunteers do for the Garden. Besides all of the new skills you will learn, there are a variety of other benefits to volunteering at the Alaska Botanical Garden, including:
- Free Admission into the Garden
- Borrowing privileges in the ABG library
- Member rate for workshops and speakers
- Volunteer appreciation events
- 10% Discount in our Gift Shop
If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer program, please contact our Program Director at email@example.com or (907) 770-3692 ext. 102.